FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE *Places available this SUNDAY*
Bookings Essential - Phone 07 3398 4309 (See below for more information.)
For Licensing Enquiries please contact the Qld Police Service Weapons Licensing Branch phone 07 3015 7777 or go to the Queensland Police Service website.
Information from QPS regarding applying on-line Click Here.
Applying for a Rifle, Gun or Pistol Licence.
Firearms Licence application forms are available from the Queensland Police Service website.
Step 1 - You must complete a Firearms Safety Course with a Registered Training Provider who is authorised to issue a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the training.
Firearms Safety Courses are conducted regularly by the QRA at the Belmont Shooting Complex.
The QRA also has instructors in regional Queensland.
Bookings are essential. For information, or to reserve a place on the next course, contact the QRA Office.
Phone: 07 3398 4309, Mon - Fri 8.30 am- 4.30 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
On completion of the course successful participants are issued with a Statement of Attainment, which must accompany an application for a Queensland Firearms Licence.
Application forms are available from the Queensland Police Service website (www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/).
Membership of a Club may be accepted as a genuine reason for firearm ownership.
QRA has active rifle clubs throughout Queensland - Click here for details.
If you are not an active shooter, the Queensland Shooting Club may be a suitable club- QSC Membership Form.
Please contact the QRA if you require information about choosing a suitable club.
FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
(Categories A, B only; please enquire for other categories.)
as at 1/4/2013
|Eligible unlicensed person 11 years and over
- Theory and Practical elements (Categories A, B)
Eligible unlicensed person with previous training (RPL)
- Acceptable documentary evidence of formal firearms
training must be provided (eg police/military record of
service); acceptance of documentation is at the
discretion of the course instructor.
- Theory element
Please be prepared to be outdoors with suitable warm, cool and wet weather gear:
long slacks/jeans, hat & sunscreen, water bottle, raincoat or poncho. Hearing protection will be provided and must be worn.
Eligibility to hold a Weapons Act Licence
The QRA conforms to the requirements of the Qld Weapons Act which governs the use of firearms. If not disqualified or prevented from obtaining a licence under the Weapons Act 1990, a person may possess and use a weapon without a licence under certain circumstances. These are:
- A person who is eligible to obtain a licence may have possession and use a weapon at a range approved for the category of weapon, if they have produced photographic identification and signed the appropriate forms. Possession and use must be supervised by a range officer.
- Full licence holders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Children of at least 11 years of age can use certain firearms, with adult supervision, under a minor's licence.
- A person is ineligible to hold a Weapons Act Licence if, within the past five years, they have been convicted of offences including misuse of drugs, or weapons, and the use or threatened use of violence.
- A person is ineligible to hold a Weapons Act Licence if they are or have been the subject of a domestic violence order in the past five years.