As required by the QRA Rules nominations are hereby called for the position of QRA Councillor as a number of Council members be due for re-election this year. Closing date for nominations 31 May 2013. More information on the QRA updates page here.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR QRA RIFLE TEAMS
1. QRA VETERANS TEAMS to contest the NRAA National Vets Championship - The next National Veterans Teams Championships are to be held at South Australia in October 2013. Call for NOMINATIONS for Coaches and Shooters. Closing date 31 May 2013. Details below.
CLOSING DATE EXTENDED to 31 May 2013
2. QRA MARTIN BAXTER MATCH - TR TEAM, NSW RA Queens Prize Meeting, September 2013. Call for NOMINATIONS for Captain, Coaches and Shooters. Closing date 31 May 2013. Details below.
3. QRA FRASER SHIELD - TR TEAM, QRA Queens Prize Meeting, August 2013. Call for NOMINATIONS for Captain, Coaches and Shooters. Closing date 31 May
QRA Queens 2012
Mungindi shooter takes western trophy
The Western District Rifle Association championship trophy stayed in the west this year, but slipped over the border with Mungindi shooter Ben Picton at the weekend.
Ben finished on top after a tussle with repeat winner Colin Cole from North Arm on Sunday.Their scores were locked together going into the final range at 900 yards, but Ben pulled away to record an aggregate 250.18 to Colin’s 247.19.
The competition was shortened to a two day event over five ranges with 11 shots on the last after the loss of the May Day public holiday.
Gympie shooter blitzes .303 event
Gympie-Kilkivan Rifle Club member Dave Hatherell put on a great display of precision shooting to win the ANZAC memorial .303 competition at Yandina on Sunday.
His possible 150 with 12 centre bulls across three ranges was a top performance, even with the modified scoring system used to make allowances for guns up to 100 years old.
Dave is a regular competitor and previous winner of the popular event which has been hosted by the North Arm Rifle Club since 2006, with the support of north coast RSL clubs.
He demolished the strongest field yet of 39 competitors, using a modified 1943 Australian made Lithgow rifle.
Event organiser Bob Bull produced an impressive array of handmade trophies and prize money for the competition he has built leading up to the 1914 ANZAC centenary celebration next year.
Hamish Pollock & Erica Young both members of University of QLD Rifle Club. Winners of the MDRA Champion of Champions, Hamish the Open TR with 196.22 & Erica the U25 with 189.09:
CENTRAL QUEENSLAND DISTRICT RIFLE ASSOCIATION
CENTRAL QUEENSLAND CHAMPIONSHIPS
29 MARCH TO 1 APRIL 2013
- Results: Central Queensland Championships
- Results: Central Queensland Palma Match
- Results: RTSA Benefit Day
Photo of winners of C.Q. Championships: Left to Right: Nev Fyles C.Q. Target Sports –“ B” Grade; Paul Kerlin Clermont F Std “B” Grade; Patrick Mayfield Ipswich “C” Grade; Andrew Mayfield Ipswich “A” Grade; Kelvin Bell Brisbane R.C. “F” Class Open and Nick Williamson Gemfields “F” Std “A” Grade.
Congratulations to GORDON DUNCAN, Central Rifle Club, for his performance at the 116th Tasmanian Queen’s Prize Meeting
|Gordon Duncan won the Davis Series Lead-up and the Grand Championship with the following scores:
Gordon Duncan 296.21 ahead of Jan Dyer, Darwin (294.26) and Mark Buchanan, Roseville (292.26).
Gordon Duncan 783.60 ahead of Anthony McGuigan, Mosman/NBay (779.67) and Marck Buchanan, Roseville (778.73).